Friday, March 1, 2013

Is it Spring yet?



   No anniversary or anything.  I just want to say how awesome my bike is.  Over a thousand miles of mountain climbs and prairie views on this bike has changed my life.  I am healthier in my thirties than I ever considered during my twenties.  After many bike reviews and dimension comparisons I pulled the trigger on this great eBay item in October of 2011.
   '10 Felt F75, 52cm. Aluminum frame, carbon fork/seatpost/seat stays.  It came with 105 shifters, 105 F/R derailleurs/brakes, compact ultegra crank.
   I'm on my second seat of new tires and too many tubes.  The new Bontrager Hilo RXL saddle feels more comfortable in the drops and aero.  I haven't gone a long distance in the seat yet but I'm sure it'll feel fine.  Big improvement there.
   The old factory saddle had a nose as hard as a table corner.  Imagine a flat 60 miler in aero on that.  Not the best ride.  The fun factor goes sky-high when you have the right saddle and fit.
   I'm looking forward to logging some more miles here as the temperatures start rising again.  The rain I don't mind but the cold goes right up the shoe vents and freezes my toes.  Even with neoprene booties on, after two hours I'm losing a bit of feeling.  The trainer will have to do for now.  So here's to Spring on it's way!
We meet people at road races


We go to breakfast

We watch movies together




No comments:

Post a Comment